Product Review: The Bugaboo Runner Stroller
You don't have to be a supermodel to feel glamorous pushing the new Bugaboo Runner stroller. It's sleek, smart and sophisticated design, coupled with the name “Bugaboo”, no doubt makes it one of the most stylish jogging strollers on the market.
After months of anticipation it's finally available for purchase! The question: Was this fashion-forward jogging stroller worth the wait? Let's take a closer look and see....
Here are some of the features of the Bugaboo Runner:
- Running frame is compatible with the seat of any Bugaboo stroller, giving your child the same comfortable ride he or she enjoys in their Bugaboo Cameleon, Donkey, Bee, or Buffalo
- A reversible seat, enabling your child to ride on his/her earliest jogs either facing mom or dad (and keeping bugs or wind out of his/her face) OR facing out to enjoy the sights before them
- Air-filled rubber tires and built-in suspension for a smooth push and a smooth ride
- A comfortable seat recline, allowing kids to relax or nap while you jog
- Big wheels! 16” rear-wheels and a 14” fixed front wheel for optimal stability
- Tracking controls on the front wheel, to ensure that your Bugaboo Runner stroller doesn't drift to the side as you jog
- A height-adjustable handlebar so parents of all sizes can jog in comfort
- An easy speed-control brake that's right on the handlebar for ease of use
- An enormous and easy-to-access underseat basket
- A simple, light, compact fold…and more!
Sounds pretty perfect, doesn't it? I had the chance to test it out and loved how stylish and practical it was all at the same time! It was a super smooth ride and its sleek frame made it easy to maneuver. Most of all, I personally love having my baby face me while I'm jogging. Did I mention it's the ONLY jogging stroller on the market that has this capability?
The only downside I could find is the price...it's a designer stroller with a designer price. The base of the stroller (includes frame and adapters: you must use your bugaboo seat from your other stroller) is $400 or the complete set (includes frame, adapters and seat) is $755. It's definitely not an economy stroller but when you look at all the features and keep in mind Bugaboo's reputation for performance and durability...it's worth the price and it was definitely worth the wait.
The Bugaboo Runner is now available in stores. Visit www.bugaboo.com for more details.
Stephanie is the voice behind the blog “The Inspired Mommy” where she shares (sometimes too much) what life with four children under the age of seven is really like...the good, the bad and the ugly....and how she loves every second of it.